Go Red for Women Luncheon to take place Thursday | Events
The Go Red for Women Luncheon will take place Thursday, May 24 at the Albany Marriott located at 189 Wolf Road in Albany.
At last count, 462 women are expected to attend and learn about women’s number one killer: Heart disease.
Registration will begin at 10 a.m. and breakout sessions will begin at 10:30 a.m.
Below are a few highlights for the upcoming event:
· 462 women, all dressed in red!
· The message is a lifesaving one: a woman dies every minute of heart disease, and knowledge can help save lives!
· 11 women who participated in our 12-week BetterU program will share their story during the 10:30 a.m. breakout session. Their successes include:
o Quitting smoking
o Lowering blood pressure by nearly 100 points
o Losing more than 45 pounds
· Ellie Wilson, senior nutritionist at Price Chopper, will talk about the Mediterranean Diet during a second 10:30 a.m. breakout session
· Michelle Johnston, who suffered sudden cardiac arrest in 2009, will share her story… and talk a little about the life list, not the bucket list, she keeps
· Andy Johnston, who saved his wife by starting CPR, will talk about saving his wife’s life.
· Anne Saile of The Saile Group will discuss “Running All the Time And Never Getting Any Exercise”
· The silent auction features “Purse-Onalities” donated by local women.
Click here for more information.